Join Christ Church
This is a full time position reporting to the Rector.
We are actively looking for an ordained Episcopal priest who shares our unique identity. To a greater or lesser degree we are a charismatic, evangelical, orthodox, liturgical Episcopal Church. We seek someone who is comfortable with all those expressions of faith and particularly someone who shares our charismatic identity. We desire someone who has specific experience in building and overseeing dynamic small group ministry, leadership development, and equipping the church to reach beyond its walls and engage in substantive ways the community around us. In addition the associate would share in the responsibilities of facilitating the ministry and life of the parish inside our walls, such as worship, pastoral care, teaching and administration. We seek someone who can build leadership and ministry structures which multiply efforts in ministry both inside and outside our walls. We seek someone with a strong work ethic and high capacity to work with challenging expectations. Our desire is to have an associate who will come alongside our rector and be part of our executive team.
● Lead the development and long range sustainability of Small Group Ministry.
● Lead the development and long range sustainability of community engagement ministries.
● Lead the Ministry Leadership Team which oversees the ministry program side of the church.
● Share with other clergy in the liturgical, preaching and pastoral care responsibilities of the church.
● Supervise paid and lay leaders in areas of oversight.
● Lead administrative leadership teams as assigned by the rector.
● Share in the teaching of the faith within the life of the parish.
● Participate in leadership group meetings, (Staff, Vestry, Ministry Leadership Team).
● Work with the rector and leadership teams in the high level strategic, generative, innovative and creative planning for the life of Christ Church.
● Participate in the ministry and life of the Diocese by attending meetings, conventions, retreats and trainings, and serving on committees and councils of the diocese as agreed upon with the rector.
Specific Experiences and Competencies
● Ordained and canonically resident in a Diocese of the Episcopal Church.
● 3-5 years experience in parish ministry as an ordained priest.
● Preferred 3 yrs experience and expertise in leadership development, small group ministry, community engagement, and ministry development.
● Experience and competence in areas of leading worship, preaching and pastoral care.
● Highly developed personal prayer life and deep biblical knowledge.
To be considered, please send your letter of introduction and curriculum vitae to Lisa McFarland, Executive Administrative Assistant.